Saturday, December 03, 2005

Load balancing "Black & White"

Ever played or heard of the game "Black & White"?
You play the God of a world, and its purely up to you to be a Benevolent God or a Malignant God!
Such powers in the tendrils of a human mind! Scary to start with! But its only a game!
Moving on...
When I installed the game, I always thought about being an evil God!
Obviously, it sounded more fun! Brimstone and fire rocks anyday over rainbows and sunflowers!
But when I was playing, try as I may, I couldn't be evil...
Yes I did throw the occasional sheep, but I turned out to be a very caring and kind God...
I couldn't abuse the powers, very sad indeed!
My divine creature, almost ended up having a halo instead of the planned horns and claws!

Given, unlimited powers, I still draw rules for my behaviour
Does it make sense? Would you do the same? Does God, given omnipotence and omniscience, draw rules for his actions? But isn't God beyond Good and Evil? Should God feel responsible for his actions?

Interrupt from the Saint: I love God, God loves me, there are no mediators, no obstacles, just pure unconditional, unjustified, unbridled, LOVE. No questions, no answers, everything’s existence is its own answer. The love comes from Hir, goes back to Hir ad Infinitum. Everything is chaotic and peaceful at the sametime. Bliss. Not pleasure not pain, but Bliss.

(Meet the Saint: My spiritual thread, a very dominant and frequently occurring personality. My anchor during storms. Doesn’t like questions)

Resume from the “I”:
Hate those programmers for playing with my morals! But good game!
Snap back to reality....
Recently, I had a conversation with this dear friend of mine....
I explained my dilemma, she bombarded me with questions.....
In the end, I found something and finally put this particular debate to a rest.

Though we always live in the grey areas of black and white, we assume and like to tell ourselves that we are either for Good or Evil or a Neutral or somewhere inbetween, in the general sense of interaction with the world...
I like to tell myself that I'm a neutral edging towards the chaotic.
The sad truth is, as much as I can feel the raging demon within me, I would destroy myself before I harm others!! I've found another attribute for "I" and it was not what I expected!!
Good God!

5 Comments:

Blogger Skely said...

Do you know SAFER?
You must be....

6:41 PM  
Blogger The Eye of the Beholder said...

I knew a guy called Safer from SRM ECE, why do you ask?

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is always chaos with order and order with chaos. Any chaotic situation if you drill down deep enough has a sense of order and vice versa. Neutrality is only a transient state.

5:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The previous comment was me :D

5:29 AM  
Blogger The Eye of the Beholder said...

Hello John Doe,

The man with answers to all questions except his own. Answer me this.

If I am to deduce by what you say that Chaos and Order co-exist in all systems, always at a certain degree or depth, would I be correct?

Would it then mean that during the various transient states of a system, Neutrality ceases to exist in everything but in the mind of the beholder? And only balance remains transient.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home