Tuesday, December 06, 2005

mkdir resolutions; cd resolutions; vi Ya, right!.txt

To start with, I didn’t like getting tagged! But since Gandhi pronounced my name right, I will write some resolutions and TRULY, SINCERELY work on them! (Despite the name of the text file I’m creating)

First of all, I don’t like working on stuff when I have to work on them! (Like getting tagged for instance) It’s a real bad habit! I think that’s a good start for a resolution!

1. I’m going to try and work on stuff that I have been assigned to, with the same amount of enthusiasm as working on stuff that I just love to work on.

Well, ever since I read the resolutions post on Anu’s and Chellapa’s blog, I’ve been thinking about all my past failures in terms of resolutions. This time, I will make some that I will always keep in mind and try not to break. It will need a lot of will power and positive thinking from a very sarcastic and cynical person like me. And so comes the second resolution!

2. I shall be positive in my approach to people and shall try, try and try till I succeed.

Quite like Gandhi, I always dreamed of playing the guitar as well! But following up from the previous paragraph, never believed I would get around to doing it. God finally decided enough is enough and has now thrust a guitar in my hands! A benevolent friend heard about my weak excuse for not learning how to play a guitar and gifted me with one! So goes resolution number three.

3. I shall try to spend some spare time to get a working knowledge of how to strum a guitar AND produce music.

Is that enough? Oh maybe just one more! My blog seemed quite dark from the very outset. I haven’t given enough room for my funny bone to grow, so, I take a resolve that

4. I will try and post humorous posts when I’m in a funny mood.

Ok, THAT has taken a lot out of me to actually get some of these things into writing! You see, I never promise. It’s a policy thing. But when I give my word, that’s the finality. Period. So there you have it. To all of you, for whom this really matters, these are my resolutions for the New Year of 2006. I’ll work on these from today. Come to think of it, Thanks Gandhi.


Again, I don’t like tagging, but just because I’ve been tagged, I tag Badri to write up his resolutions for 2006. Now see what you’ve made me do? Don’t tag me again. For every time you tag me, some innocent bystander (Badri in this case is not so innocent) gets tagged!

7 Comments:

Blogger Karthikeyan Chellappa said...

Nice set of resolutions, WK.

I've learnt from bitter experiences that setting broad goals will not get you very far. Perhaps you can fine tune some of your resolutions to something more specific? The perfect question you can ask yourself is - By the end of 2006, how will I know that I've completed my
resolution?


To give you a quick example, lets say for your 3rd resolution - I shall spend 2 hours every week or 100 hours over the next year to learn how to play my guitar Not sure how much time one really needs to spend on 'guitaring' but isn't it a start?

9:21 PM  
Blogger Karthikeyan Chellappa said...

Hey, whats your email ID? I want to start that new gaming blog and need some of your inputs.

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great going dude! All the best for your resolutions!

3:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bro,

u never told me you started 'fingering' a guitar. let me know if you need any help in that area. thanks for tagging me by the way.

it's too early for new year resolutions for me. will post it by 3rd week of december or so. all i can tell you right now is that my resolution also involves spending more time with my guitar though I have got to say i have become better at it since you last heard me strum. :) atleast i'd like to think so.

and now this comment is starting to look and sound like an email so i'm going to shut up...exit stage left...

4:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do I count as innocent bystander?

1:58 PM  
Blogger The Eye of the Beholder said...

Sriram!! You're it! I mean, you're tagged! Go write your resolutions now or get on the ground and give me 30!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Sriram said...

TIMMMMMY!!!!

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home